Saturday, January 31, 2009

One of Those Days

Dad was going to work half a day and then we were going to the temple. That was the plan anyway!
Friday night dad discovers the waterheater isn't working so he makes some phone calls and decides we need a new one. So he says he'll get up early and work till the store opens and then change out the waterheater and we can still go to the temple, So I wake up about 7 am hearing him clanking around downstairs and since it's too early for the store to be open I go down to see whats going on. There he was with the furnace torn apart and it was freezing. In the night the furnace had gone out too!
By early afternoon he had both problems taken care of and we still made it to the temple.
At times like this I wonder what the widows and single women do. What would I do without dad?

7 comments:

Maria said...

We all wonder what we would do without Dad, and you too for that matter.

Jordan

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Those are the kinds of things that happen when you're trying to get to the temple! I'm glad you made it anyways.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Those are the kinds of things that happen when you're trying to get to the temple! I'm glad you made it anyways.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

why does it keep doing that?

Nicky said...

I don't know what any of us would do without either of you! I guess when you all leave us in October, we will get a glimpse of it - not thinking I like that idea. Why don't you get an "in" to serve in SLC, or Logan?

Nicky said...

BTW: Very impressive that you changed your background on your blog - it took me forever to figure that one out!

tysonandmandimoser said...

Two things out in one day? Yuck!!! I sure am wondering what Tyson and I will do when you are on your mission, but are excited for the blessings. Who am I gonna call when I have a cooking question? Kent always knows the answers, and I will be lost without his kitchen advice.