Saturday, February 14, 2009

lucky valentine

Even after 48 years of marriage you're never too old to be thrilled when your swetheart shows he loves you still! Besides these beautiful flowers he fixed breakfast for me. Made my card I bought for him seem awfully small. For about 45 years I always made him a cherry cheesecake for valentines but this year he is on a diet and anything I can think of that he would really enjoy would sabotage his efforts and I know he really does not want me to do that. So I will just say how grateful I am and how lucky to have such a wonderful valentine.

3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Purdy. No cherry cheesecake at our house either. But I still do the plastic cups filled with valentine candy for the kids. Funny, the traditions we inherited from you.

Nicky said...

I've always done the cheesecake too! Good thing we were driving that day, I don't know if I could have been strong enough not to make it. I mean, it's only once a year...! I feel so blessed to have parents who still love each other - not many in the world are as blessed as your kids are. THANK YOU!

Maria said...

My husband must be related to yours!